Friday, March 11, 2011

LEGENDARY INVESTOR - PART TWO

If you input a search for "Lewis Sanders Capital investment performance record" the first website Google refers to is a blog that I wrote about my version of the early years of my business experience.

I wish I could report otherwise but when I looked at the Vanguard Windsor Fund's performance record for 2010, it was ranked in the 87th percentile. According to public documents, Sander's firm, where he is CEO and Chief Investment Officer, began managing money for the Windsor fund in January 2010. (Historically the Windsor Fund seems to have ranked in the top half of money managers prior to the year in which Sanders joined its roster of managers.)

It would be interesting to see the individual performance of Mr. Sander's firm for the past year considering the lackluster performance by the Windsor Fund for 2010.

Needless to say, I am still having trouble with where Sander's "Legendary Investor" status emanates from.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Shepard Osherow. All Rights Reserved