Thursday, May 31, 2012

CONTROVERSIAL BUT TELL ME WHERE I'M WRONG..

I lived in a unionized family for alot of years.

There is so many words written in so many media that to believe that my words have any impact on others would be folly. So you could say that I write my blogs as a record of my thinking to myself. Very few people care what I say nor should they. I'm just one person that does some good stuff but slides along in the vast cauldron of life along with all my readers.

A newspaper in New York runs so many articles that are replete with misleading information. A particular article I am referring to is "The College Gap Leaves Some Cities Behind".

If you dig a little deeper you would see that the largest number of union workers live in California and just over half live in just six states.

One of those six states is Ohio. Ohio is the state in which the city being referred to in the article is located. National statistics show that black people have the highest union membership rate in the country and they also have a lower college graduation rate than other races.

When we fix the reasons behind the unionization and lower education levels we will go a long way from not having to write distorted articles in national newspapers.

For those of you that may think this sounds like a biased article I remind you that I was not only brought up in a unionized family but I also spent 10 years in the Fifth Avenue Armory in the midst of Harlem. There were three white guys in my unit. I can say that I was never better treated, accepted and had tons of friends.

If we don't look at the real causes of headline articles we will never fix the real problems that show up on the surface but are not even close to the cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Shepard Osherow. All Rights Reserved